[GRASS-dev] Re: not quite there on fonts

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun May 13 07:17:22 EDT 2007

Paul:
> > Interesting to see this - I guess this means there's no way to
> > change the default background colour to anything other than white
> > then? Was thinking this would be a useful setting for the GUI to
> > have - e.g. I much preferred the default black background in GRASS
> > <= 5, much easier on the eyes I thought.
Michael:
> That an interesting idea. Since we can set the default font, it's not
> a bad idea to be able to set the default background. Of course you can
> already set the background for rasters.

This was the original idea when we decided to change the default
background color. We even went to the trouble of changing all hardcoded
references for "black" and "white" color changes to GRASS_DEFAULT_FG and
GRASS_DEFAULT_BG.

I half-thought this was already functional. I guess you can try editing
those two defines in include/gis.h and recompiling..

another cheap hack:
  echo "alias d.erase='d.erase color=black'" >> ~/.grass.bashrc

Hamish