[GRASS-dev] new tests on wxgui

Daniel Calvelo dca.gis at gmail.com
Sun May 13 14:30:46 EDT 2007

So far, this is the logic behind the order of tabs in menuform.py:

First, generate a list of sections from the xml description. AFAICS,
the xml is generated (parser.c) in the order the arguments are
declared and added to the list in the main() function of the command.

Required arguments are put in the Main tab, regardless of their initial section.

Arguments that do not declare a section are put in the Options tab.

Command and Manual tabs are added. The latter is omitted if there is
no HTML file for the command.

Within each tab, flags are first, then the rest of arguments in the
order they appear in the parser-generated XML, which is the order in
which they are declared in the main() function of the command.

So it is up to each command to declare its own arrangement. I can't
see any immediate heuristics that could override that. Any ideas?

The underscore vs. space can of course be dealt with.

Daniel.

On 5/13/07, Michael Barton <michael.barton at asu.edu> wrote:
> I agree. This in the C-code parser that creates the xml file (and TclTk
> file) that the GUI's use to build their dialogs.
>
> Michael
>

> On 5/13/07 5:00 AM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Carlos wrote:
> >>
> >> I think that all the Zoom button should be together in Display
> >> Manager, but the Query button is in the middle, that can be confusing.
> >> IMO, should be: Pointer-Pan-Zoom In-Zoom Out-Previous Zoom-Zoom
> >> Options--Query.
> >
> > Nice order; I agree.
> >

> >> tabs
> >
> > Another wish for module GUI tabs: (at least for tcl/tk)
> > Allow spaces in the tab names. Right now we have to use_underscores.
> > Proably just some quoting somewhere. Better control over tab order would
> > be nice too. Right now (tcl) the first flag given determines the first
> > tab name, which is annoying if you want all flags in secondary tab. Also
> > Options is hardcoded as the default tab, which makes it hard to work with
> > if you don't want that tab to come first.
> >
> > see wish #238
> >   http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=238
> >

> > Hamish

> Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity