[GRASSGUI] wxgrass gui status: was [GRASS-dev] Vect_snap_lines (list of lines)

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Mon May 14 07:37:12 EDT 2007

On 14/05/07 06:05, Hamish wrote:
> Paul Kelly wrote:
>> I think I agree, in so far as it would be nice to have the command
>> description stuff separated out in a separate file (rather than
>> hard-coded into the GUI) to allow e.g. documentation, lists of useful
>> commands to be  generated automatically from it.
> ..
>> having the correspondence between the menus and the commands in a
>> separate file might also make it easier to document this, with a bit
>> of scripting.
>

> see tools/build_html_index.sh
> and tools/module_synopsis.sh
>
> module_synopsis.txt reworked in LyX -> PDF
>   http://grass.ibiblio.org/gdp/grassmanuals/grass63_module_list.pdf
>   (in CVS) web/gdp/grassmanuals/

I think the problem is not having a list of modules, but rather to have
a direct link between a module name and its location in the menus.
Currently, you have to know where to look for in the menus, and then you
can get confirmation through mouse-over, but it would be great if the
above synopsis could also contain a hint on where to find the command in
the gui. Something like:

db.columns list all columns for a given table (Database->Database
information->...)

Moritz