[GRASS-dev] nviz on mac

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon May 14 12:41:01 EDT 2007

On May 14, 2007, at 10:37 AM, Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:

> From otool -L /Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/Resources/etc/
> nviz2.2/nviz, I get:
> /Applications/GRASS-6.3.app/Contents/Resources/lib/
> libgrass_ogsf.dylib (compatibility version 6.3.0, current version
> 6.3.0)

>         /System/Library/Frameworks/Tk.framework/Versions/8.4/Tk
> (compatibility version 8.4.0, current version 8.4.0)
>         /System/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework/Versions/8.4/Tcl
> (compatibility version 8.4.0, current version 8.4.0)

Somehow it linked the system TclTk frameworks.  Not good.

Do you still have the make output?  I wonder what the link command
was for NVIZ - either -L/usr/lib is in it so it finds the system
TclTk first, or you have a symlink in /usr/X11R6/lib (or somewhere
else) to the system tcltk.

If you don't have the make output, the linking used could be
reconstructed from your platform.make.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.