[GRASS-dev] Background Colours

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 05:02:28 EDT 2007

Hamish wrote:
> I would prefer to add a background color option to d.histogram, with a
> default of DEFAULT_BG_COLOR and an option of "none".
>
> Then remove the D_setup() clear flag and draw a rectangle of said
> color (or none) that fills the window prior to anything else.

done. You'll have to make distclean as I added two new standard parser
opts for color= and bgcolor=.

d.histogram map=elevation.dem bgcolor=180:216:220
d.out.file histelev form=ps -r

While clearing the screen I couldn't erase the frame's d.save history
too, as that would clear the font setting in the PNG and PS drivers. :-/
(for d.out.file)

> But I think that d.histogram is the only non-mapping function left
> that matters anymore:
>  d.profile is replaced by a much nicer Tcl version,
>  d.linegraph is better done using gnuplot's PS or SVG drivers
>   (+GhostScript/ svg2*).

I forgot about d.polar.

Hamish