[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] points in polygon query

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri May 18 17:12:57 EDT 2007

Here a try but something is still missing:

# Spearfish
# Task: count number of archaeological sites per field

g.copy vect=fields,myfields
# fetch field IDs:
v.category myfields layer=2 out=myfields2 op=add type=centroid
# prepare numer of points per polygon column:
v.db.addtable myfields2 layer=2 col="ptsnum integer"
v.info -c myfields2 layer=2

g.copy vect=archsites,myarchsites
# prepare and fetch polygon numbers each archsite falls into:
v.db.addcol myarchsites col="polynum integer"
v.what.vect myarchsites qvector=myfields2 qcol=cat qlayer=2 col=polynum
d.vect myarchsites disp=shape,cat lcol=blue
v.db.select myarchsites

# so far, so nice

# Approach 1:
v.what.vect myfields2 layer=2 col=ptsnum qvector=myarchsites qcol="count(polynum)"
# -> count() doesn't exist!

# Approach 2:
v.to.db myfields2 option=query layer=2 qlayer=1 [qvector=myarchsites] column=ptsnum qcolumn="count(*)"
# -> we cannot query the myarchsites here! qvector missing

Close but not yet. More ideas welcome...
Markus