[GRASS-dev] automatic user font cap building for init.sh

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat May 19 16:30:54 EDT 2007

I didn't get any response to my possible patch for init.sh to do this
(it was in the iconv thread), so I went ahead and committed it.  If
GRASS_FONT_CAP and/or GRASS_FT_CAP are set, and they do not exist
yet, init.sh will run g.mkfontcap to create them.  This will leave
the GRASS binary-installed cap files alone (that is, GRASS_FONT_CAP
or GRASS_FT_CAP is not set), and will not overwrite existing user cap
files that they may have customized.  But it gets them started with
their current state of installed fonts.

To go along with this, I also set GRASS_FONT_CAP and GRASS_FT_CAP in
the OSX app startup to the user's home GRASS support folder.  After
the first run of GRASS.app, the user can customize these or
regenerate them as they like, and not have to worry about permissions
to edit the GRASS.app copy.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do
if you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer,
I'm 50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy