[GRASS-dev] Re: writing msys capable grass63 startup script

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun May 20 09:25:50 EDT 2007

On Sun, 20 May 2007, Moritz Lennert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After make install under MinGW, the /bin/grass63 script contains:
>
> GISBASE=c:/grass/grass-6.3.cvs
>
> This does not work when you try to launch GRASS from the msys command line
> (not via the grass63.bat native win GRASS startup):
>
> $ ./grass63
> ./grass63: /c/grass/bin/c:/grass/grass-6.3.cvs/etc/Init.sh: No such file
> or dictory
>
> The setting should be:
>
> GISBASE=/c/grass/grass-6.3.cvs

Hello Moritz
I don't have time to look at this in detail now but in the GRASS
Makefiless there are now two variables:
$(GISBASE) contains the path to GISBASE in the path syntax of the build
system (i.e. Msys)
$(RUN_GISBASE) contains the path to GISBASE in the native path syntax of
the host system.

Maybe you could look at varying some combination of these rather than
conditionalising things on having Msys installed. E.g. Use $(GISBASE) to
generate Init.sh while using $(RUN_GISBASE) to generate init.bat or
something like that.

Paul