[GRASS-dev] GRASS and QGIS on Win32, testing etc.

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Mon May 21 16:32:00 EDT 2007

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Soory: whan you say this, what do you exactly mean? We are using the
> qgis version, which has of course its limitations, but is very much
> usable, and far easier for novices.

IIUC (please correct me if I'm wrong) the QGIS GRASS is not true native
Windows GRASS as it relies on Msys being installed to support Unix-isms in
the GRASS code? We are currently working on removing many of these in
order to get GRASS working reliably on native Windows without any Unix
sub-system present.

I really should install QGIS+GRASS and see exactly what it does though.
Can anybody clarify?