[GRASS-dev] GRASS and QGIS on Win32, testing etc.

Benjamin Ducke benjamin.ducke at ufg.uni-kiel.de
Tue May 22 02:54:08 EDT 2007

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On Mon, May 21, 2007 13:58, Benjamin Ducke wrote:
>
>> 1. The DBF driver deadlocks randomly!
>> Any GRASS module that needs to access the attribute table (DBF format)
>> of a vector map is prone to this: E.g. I tried running v.out.ogr on a
>> map with ca. 3000 points repeatedly. Out of ten runs, 2 or 3 deadlock at
>> a random point. The task manager shows that v.out.ogr is sleeping with
>> 0% CPU.
>
> I can reproduce this, both with your location and in spearfish. And at
> first glance, it really does appear random. The only thing that I think I
> noticed, was that it happens more often when the machine is busy with
> something else. My first very wild guess would be something system
> resources, but as I said, this is very wild.

Oh great, so I am not alone! I was seriously starting to doubt my karma
as nobody except myself seems to have hit this annoying bug while I am
getting frustrated hunting it down for weeks now.

The interesting thing is that this never happened to me on a Linux
system. Now at least I know that the problem is not my Windows setup and
can start firing up GDB ...

--
Benjamin Ducke, M.A.
Archäoinformatik