[GRASS-dev] GRASS and QGIS on Win32, testing etc.

Gerald Nelson gnelson at uiuc.edu
Tue May 22 20:06:22 EDT 2007

About a year ago, we discovered that cygwin conflicted with something else on a win xp machine I have. I can't remember what, but we had to uninstall cygwin to get the other thing to run. The only way I discovered it was that I had the other thing installed on a computer that didn't have cygwin and it worked ok. This kind of problem makes users and IT administrators gray.

I suspect that with Windows Vista the problem will only get worse, unless cygwin has gotten better in the meantime.

Jerry