[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASSGUI] Adding a Raster Group as layer

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed May 23 02:36:21 EDT 2007

Evening Yann,

On 5/22/07 10:40 PM, "Yann" <yann.chemin at gmail.com> wrote:

> After importing a multispectral image with r.in.gdal, a group is created
> holding all these layers.

I don't follow you on this. What kind of group? AFAIK, r.in.gdal just
creates a set of separate raster files with identical prefixed names. Does
it build an image group?

> Could we have a button that would show/select/load any existing group in the
> GUI (it could have a tree inside for all the bands available).
>
> Once loaded we could select one or any combination of 3 bands for display.

Putting the maps in separate layers would simply overlay one on top of the
other, not recombine them into an RGB image again. This would have to take
place within d.rgb.

Following your idea, an enhanced d.rgb would be able to load a group, in
addtion to just any individual layer, making layer selection more convenient
for bands of a multiband image. I'd add that it should also have a couple of
options for doing automatic equalization stretches (linear, log, and
gaussian if I want to imagine a really nice module) on the bands before it
displays them.

Michael

Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University