[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] problems with r.cost

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed May 23 20:54:23 EDT 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Jerry Nelson wrote:

> The large file support option doesn't help with all grass routines
> unfortunately.
>
> The following has to be in the Make file for the specific module
>
> ifneq ($(USE_LARGEFILES),)
>         EXTRA_CFLAGS = -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64
> Endif
>
> It is not in the r.cost Make file, which means I think (remember
> I'm not a C
> programmer) that compiling with large file support won't help.

The need for FILE_OFFSET_BITS and its many variations should be
discovered by configure, and whatever is needed by a platform is set
in config.h, so this setting here is redundant and possibly
meaningless on some platforms.

(OSX doesn't need any of the macros set, and supports large files by
default.)

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin