winGRASS + gis.m: Progress bar [was Re: [GRASS-dev] native winGRASS pre-alpha testers needed]

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri May 25 13:37:08 EDT 2007

No idea off the top of my head. Has this behavior changed in recent weeks?
In late April, I made some changes to the progress bar routines in gronsole
because GRASS would crash when a medium fast (not instantaneous nor slow)
command would try to report its progress via a progress bar. It seemed to
fix the problem and should have had no other side effects. But I suppose
this could be one. You could slot in a version of gronsole.tcl prior to the
end of April and see what happens.

Michael

On 5/25/07 1:49 AM, "Moritz Lennert" <mlennert at club.worldonline.be> wrote:

> On 25/05/07 10:44, Moritz Lennert wrote:
>>
>> r.watershed elevation=elevation.dem at PERMANENT threshold=100 basin=basins
>> stream=streams half.basin=half_basins visual=watershed_vis
>>

> What is strange, however, is that when I run this command from the GUI,
> a terminal window opens showing the progress percentages in text and not
> the nice progress bar in the Output window of the GIS Manager.
>
> Any idea why ?
>
> Moritz

Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213