[GRASS-dev] trying to test error trapping for invalid gisdbase, location, and mapset

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue May 29 14:44:49 EDT 2007

On May 29, 2007, at 12:26 PM, Michael Barton wrote:

> Hi William,
>
> I've always had a problem error message with an invalid database or
> location, and not be shunted to the GUI (or text) entry for new
> values.

Always, as in forever and ever?  Or since the .app was available?  Or
since some other change in GRASS?

> I tried to check this this morning by entering an invalid file name
> into the
> gisdbase field in .grassrc6 and only got the error message I sent.
> Nothing
> else.

Fishing for ideas: are there old dot files in your home that might
being getting in the way, like maybe old tcsh init files
(.profile, .login, .tcshrc and others), or something in .grass.bashrc
(maybe something you want set)?  I've heard of bash (on OSX at least)
reading tcsh init files.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled
with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in
a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy