[GRASS-dev] Wingrass and TclTk

Brad Douglas rez at touchofmadness.com
Thu Nov 1 04:44:37 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 09:44 +0100, Benjamin Ducke wrote:

> > we should make a list of the minimal set of needed commands, eg
> > awk
> > cat
> > cut
> > expr
> > grep
> > head
> > ls
> > paste
> > rm
> > sed
> > sort
> > tac
> > tail
> > tr
> > uniq
> > wc
> > which
> >

> Yes, that's definitely a good idea.
> Maybe I could just make a minimal MSYS install from scratch,
> check that the tools you listed (additions, anyone?) are in
> there and then try and remove more "bloat" until we are left
> with the minimum of what's needed.
>
> That should severely cut down on the size of the MSYS package
> we'd need to provide.
>
> Let's just all try and put together a complete list of what's
> needed first, then I'll have a go at it.

I haven't been following the thread, but caught something interesting in
this message.

It may be overkill, but I'd like to add configure checks for the final
listing.  What we have has served us well, but adding more checks takes
little time and would help catch portability issues.

Please cc: me on the final list unless someone decides this would be
more clutter than solution.

--
73, de Brad KB8UYR/6 <rez touchofmadness com>