[GRASS-dev] commands that are TOO quiet

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Fri Nov 2 01:25:10 EDT 2007

I bet you never thought you'd hear this from me.

Working with a student in the vector network modules, it seems that these
are too quiet, even if the --q switch is NOT enabled.

If v.net.salesman and v.net.steiner have improper parameters set or do not
have a proper file to work with, they appear to run and produce an output,
but nothing is ever created. They just fail VERY quietly. There is no
message that they cannot find any valid nodes or that a vector file was not
created.  Nothing.

Also, both tend to regularly crash the GUI for some reason. Probably
something to do with progress output, but I'm not sure. Sometimes when they
crash, they do produce output (if they have been given proper parameters)
and other times they do not.

Michael
Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity