[GRASS-dev] Call for documentation help

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 02:29:00 EST 2007

Jachym Cepicky wrote:
> just noting: there is already great new demo dataset for GRASS
> available. See
>
> http://www.grassbook.org/data_menu3rd.php
>
> The documentation should IMHO be updated according to it.

I would think it would be more productive to first focus on adding examples to
help pages that do not have one, rather than spend lots of time remaking
existing examples using another dataset. And even when all modules that
usefully could have an example* have one, before working on redoing Spearfish
examples we might work on examples which do not use a known & reproducible
dataset.
All examples that use a sample dataset should be stating which one they use.

[*] e.g. there is little point adding an example for d.erase

The immediate question then becomes which dataset to use for new examples.

Hamish