[GRASS-dev] Re: GRASS documentation

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Nov 5 09:59:41 EST 2007

On 11/5/07 1:17 AM, "Hamish" <hamish_nospam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Michael Barton wrote:
>> When I used KompoZer, I did a lot of switching back and forth between the
>> 'normal' mode and source mode. This worked OK, but would not be the best way
>> to go for simple enhancements to the text.
>

> FWIW, I think KompoZer could do a nicer job of adding in some whitespace.
>
> eg gis.m/docs/gm_*.html files are a bit dense & hard to work on without adding
> in some newlines. Otherwise they seem ok.
>
> I wasn't going to mention this before as it is just a minor complaint (typical
> html editor cruft would be grounds for complaint though), but in the context
> of
> the current thread...

In this case, one should blame the workman (me) not the tool. I followed
existing formats without thinking about white space, etc. a lot.

> As for anyone getting ideas about fancy html tricks, please employ the
> K.I.S.S.
> principal.  content >> flash

Definitely! Some PNG graphic examples would be nice *where appropriate*. But
we shouldn't have animations or flying labels.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University