[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Nov 5 21:16:14 EST 2007

I have a postdoc who just arrived to learn a bit of GRASS in my lab today.
He installed WinGRASS about a week ago. It launches fine. But he cannot see
any of the map files inside the mapset when he tries to add a map to a GUI
window. This is controlled by select.tcl. We checked this against the
Spearfish dataset and confirmed that the data are fine and that he does have
access to the maps. In fact, if he types in a map name, any module seems to
run fine--including displaying a map in the GIS Manager.

When you click a button to launch select.tcl, you get a window/dialog with a
tree which shows available mapsets and, if they exist, any accessible maps
in the mapset. You can select a map and click OK. Everything works for Javi
except seeing the maps inside the mapsets. He can even see the mapsets
(first level of the tree); just not the maps inside a mapset.

A first guess on my part is something to do with translating forward slash
for *nix and Mac "/" to backward slash for Windows "\". The odd thing is
that this worked fine with earlier builds of WinGRASS, so maybe it's
something else.

Have either of you guys run into this?

Thanks
Michael