[GRASS-dev] i.rectify should test for illegal file names before launching rectification

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 21:12:54 EST 2007

> ERROR: Required parameter <extension> not set:
>      (Output file extension (inputfile(s) + extension)).
>
> But in my case I don't want an extension, or, said differently, I want
> the extension to be empty. At the command line, I can just type
> 'extension=', but there is no way I can give an 'empty' value to the
> extension parameter in the tcltk gui.

this would work around the immediate problem:

    if(strlen(extension) == 0)
	G_fatal_error(_("Extension required"));

or default to none,

    ext->answer = "";
    ext->required = NO;

or test for ext="none" and replace it with "".

personally, I've always just used ext='.rect' and worried more about what was
happening with the data bugs in order=3 and the -c flag.

Hamish