[GRASS-dev] SoC projects to trunk

Wolf Bergenheim wolf+grass at bergenheim.net
Tue Nov 6 02:17:26 EST 2007

On 06.11.2007 05:52, Hamish wrote:
> Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
>> I have now brought the two SoC modules (v.generalize and
>> v.net.visibility) to the CVS trunk.
>
> Hi, a few cleanup issues-

Hi,

Thanks for your input :)

> Does v.net.visibility have anything to do with the other v.net.* modules,
> or is it just similar in name?

v.net.visibility creates a visibility graph, which can then be further
analyzed with v.net.path to create the shortest path through or around
the obstacles. So I'd say it is very closely related to the other
v.net.* modules. (I'll add an example)

> As the other v.net.* modules all share vector
> network node system (built with v.net), I worry that if v.net.visibility has
> nothing to do with this it may cause confusion and v.path.obstacles would be a
> better name. As I've not used it yet, I don't know, maybe it does.

In a way it is like v.net in that it creates a network which can be
further analyzed with the other v.net.* modules.

> I notice on the help page:
>  - Still calls it v.path.obstacles in many places

fixed

>  - A simple screenshot would be nice, using a standard dataset and given
> commands so we can reproduce it while learning
>  - It would be nice if the examples use a standard sample dataset

I'll see if I can find something in either dataset.

>  - missing <BR> before "Mentor:"

fixed

>  - "Last Changed:" needs to be have "$Date$" for the CVS to pick that up

fixed

Thanks again for your input,
--Wolf

--