[GRASS-dev] Re: select issue with wingrass

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Wed Nov 7 04:42:31 EST 2007

On 06/11/07 16:12, Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 06/11/07 03:16, Michael Barton wrote:
>> I have a postdoc who just arrived to learn a bit of GRASS in my lab
>> today. He installed WinGRASS about a week ago. It launches fine. But
>> he cannot see any of the map files inside the mapset when he tries to
>> add a map to a GUI window. This is controlled by select.tcl. We
>> checked this against the Spearfish dataset and confirmed that the data
>> are fine and that he does have access to the maps. In fact, if he
>> types in a map name, any module seems to run fine--including
>> displaying a map in the GIS Manager.
>>
>> When you click a button to launch select.tcl, you get a window/dialog
>> with a tree which shows available mapsets and, if they exist, any
>> accessible maps in the mapset. You can select a map and click OK.
>> Everything works for Javi except seeing the maps inside the mapsets.
>> He can even see the mapsets (first level of the tree); just not the
>> maps inside a mapset.
>>
>> A first guess on my part is something to do with translating forward
>> slash for *nix and Mac "/" to backward slash for Windows "\". The odd
>> thing is that this worked fine with earlier builds of WinGRASS, so
>> maybe it's something else.
>>
>> Have either of you guys run into this?
>
> No, I've never had that problem. I'll test, but won't be in front of a
> win machine before tomorrow.

Just tested and I cannot confirm this problem with any of the currently
available versions (6.3RC1, cvs of of Nov. 1, current cvs). So, it seems
to me that this is a specific issue in Ravi's installation. Where is his
GISDBASE ? Is it on his machine or is it a networked drive ? Have you
tried this with the spearfish data ?

Moritz