[GRASS-dev] [Fwd: [winGRASS] Logging errors in GRASS WIN]

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 18:45:13 EST 2007

David Sampson wrote:

> Is there a way to keep a logfile of errors running for the dialogues
> that pop up?

the typical way to collect WARNING: and ERROR:s from running modules and
libraries is to create a file called GIS_ERROR_LOG in your user's home
directory. Messages get logged to that. I would expect that Tcl specific errors
do not get logged there. This is generally used for GRASS scripts where you may
not be monitoring the scrolls of output in real time.

nb, this may be a good tool to see which/if a module/library error triggered
the Tcl error though.

> I would realy like to copy/paste text from the dialogues instead of
> retyping
 is this a limitation of TCL?

Not a limitation of Tcl, in Linux you can cut and paste that text just fine.
(ISTR on Debian the tcl module gui command line compose string wouldn't copy
before we changed a switch in the tcl code)
I've no idea what happens on MS Windows though.

Hamish