[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Fri Nov 9 12:59:41 EST 2007

On 09/11/07 18:41, Javier Fernandez wrote:
> Hi all, I have attached a word file with the problems that I find when I
> work with wingrass,

Thank you. Could you give the precise commands/actions you take to see
these errors ?

e.g.:
> Problem 2: Unable to create points from a dbf. File: because a dbf error
>

> Output GIS
>

> NG: GRASS_TRUECOLOR status: TRUE
>
> PNG: collecting to file: C:\grassdata/Spain_utm_30n/PERMANENT/.tmp/928.0.ppm,
>
>      GRASS_WIDTH=575, GRASS_HEIGHT=484
>
> Unable to open vector map <Yaci at PERMANENT> on topology level 0

and then you show a screenshot of the windows error message. But what do
you do to get this result ? The above error message ("Unable to
open...") seems to be related to displaying a map, whereas you say it is
linked to v.to.db ?

> Problem 2: Unable to import a shapefile using OGR

What is the exact command you use to import it ?

And for
> 1. Is not possible select  in the Select Item window’s.

Could you try to see if you have the same problem with the spearfish60
demo location ?

Moritz