[GRASS-dev] select issue with wingrass

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Tue Nov 13 09:12:47 EST 2007

Paul Kelly wrote:

> ISTR around this time last year when we were fixing a lot of tedious
> little things to improve Windows compatibility, having to change commands
> run with system() or similar from within C programs to use double instead
> of single quotes was quite a common problem. Hopefully most occurences
> within C programs have been caught now but perhaps there are still some in
> gis.m?

gis.m shouldn't be using a shell to execute commands, so shell syntax
shouldn't come into it.

BTW, if anyone wants to take another stab at eliminating shell usage
in C modules, I've added G_vspawn_ex() and SF_ARGVEC since the last
attempt. This should solve the problems with passing variable argument
lists. See the thread "testing native winGRASS" from March for context
(no URL as the web site seems to be down right now).