[GRASS-dev] where= and cats= to all vector commands

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Thu Nov 15 05:12:47 EST 2007

+1
I think it would be really useful and standardize the inputs for vector
commands.

I agrre that if one want to merge cat and where he can add in the where
clause.
At this point is cats necessary?

Maxi

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> On 15/11/07 10:09, Wolf Bergenheim wrote:
>> Hi developers,
>>
>> What do you people think of the idea to add where= and cats= parameters
>> to all vector commands? Also add any missing layer= parameter (like with
>> v.voronoi).
>
> +1
>

>> What should be the case where both cats and where is supplied? Ideally
>> merging it so that first do the where, and then limit the result to only
>> cats in the given list? Or output a warning that where takes precedence
>> over cats?
>
> I would go for the second. If people really need to merge the two,
> they can use cats=X in the where clause.
>
> Moritz

Dr. Massimiliano Cannata
Environmental & Geomatic Engineer

Institute of Earth Scences - SUPSI
Trevano, C.P. 72, CH-6952 Canobbio, SWITZERLAND

Tel:    +41 (0)58 / 666 62 14
Fax:    +41 (0)58 / 666 62 09
E-mail: massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch

Web: