[GRASS-dev] GRASS cvs for Mac compilation fails for OS X 10.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Nov 17 15:28:08 EST 2007

On Nov 17, 2007, at 12:54 PM, Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:

> I use bindist in several Macs with some success,

Some success - were there problems then?

> actually one of them is working in
> Leopard

Do you mean: generating the installer on Tiger and installing on
Leopard?  That should work.  The only thing to watch out for is that
on Leopard you should NOT set DISPLAY - the Terminal startup magic
takes care of this, and setting it yourself will break X displays and
the GUI.

> but I need to write the command gis.m on the terminal.

So, the GUI is not starting automatically?

>> I'm curious: are you using a bindist-created installer package?  or
>> building from source on each Mac?  I haven't heard any feedback from
>> anyone on the bindist feature (it's what I use it to create my
>> binaries for download).

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe