[GRASS-dev] GRASS cvs for Mac compilation fails for OS X 10.4

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sun Nov 18 13:22:12 EST 2007

On Nov 18, 2007, at 11:52 AM, Agustin Diez Castillo wrote:

>>> but I need to write the command gis.m on the terminal.
>>>
>> So, the GUI is not starting automatically?
> Yes, the GUI is not starting automatically.

Hm, if it doesn't start automatically, but will start manually, then
the DISPLAY setting is probably OK - it wouldn't even start manually
if this was wrong.  It may simply be defaulting to 'text' and you need
to change your GRASS_GUI setting:

g.gisenv set="GRASS_GUI=tcltk"

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

[Trillian]  What are you supposed to do WITH a maniacally depressed
robot?

[Marvin]  You think you have problems?  What are you supposed to do if
you ARE a maniacally depressed robot?  No, don't try and answer, I'm
50,000 times more intelligent than you and even I don't know the
answer...

- HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy