[GRASS-dev] 6.3.0 release - need to set default font

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Mon Nov 26 10:23:43 EST 2007

On 11/26/07 3:33 AM, "Glynn Clements" <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

>> If we do add that, an idea of what a possible GRASS 7 ~/.grass/ dir might
>> contain could help reduce migration issues later.
>
> A straightforward grassrc file should suffice for all preferences.
> grass.bashrc (and grass.cshrc etc) should be reserved for commands
> which have to be sourced by the interactive shell. We should really
> rename the grassrc6 file; it isn't an "rc" (run commands) file.
> grass.save would be more appropriate.

I agree with this. I understand the issues you bring up about the current
.grassrc6 file. It's sort of on the verge of becoming a combined rc and
preference file. So it would be a good idea to separate these functions. But
a preferences file is still a good idea, however it is implemented.

Michael

Director of Graduate Studies
Center for Social Dynamics & Complexity
Arizona State University