[GRASS-dev] z value from raster to vect

Andruit at gmx.de Andruit at gmx.de
Mon Nov 26 10:34:24 EST 2007

Hi,
i have question concerning c Programming and vektor Files.
I extracted some points out of a dem and created a vector file.

  Points = Vect_new_line_struct();
  Cats = Vect_new_cats_struct ();

    if (0 > Vect_copy_xyz_to_pnts (Points, xarray, yarray, NULL, n_points))
      G_fatal_error ("Vect_copy error\n");

    Vect_write_line (Map, type, Points, Cats);

as a result  I get several vector points, but they are not connected to a database and so they don´t ave any Information about the z value.

I would like to write the z value into a table, so that I can interpolate between the vector points.

I´m a newbie in grass Programming. Does anyone know how to do it???

Thank you