[GRASS-dev] Re: WinGrass testing results 6.3.0rc2

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Nov 27 05:07:42 EST 2007

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007, Benjamin Ducke wrote:

>>> NVIZ won?t launch (but did in a recent binary)
> This can be somewhat tricky. For me, it fails to launch from within
> the MSYS shell as well as a sh.exe started via Window's cmd.exe.

That might be because the Msys shell doesn't recognise a .bat file (in
this case nviz.bat) as an executable and/or can't run it. What happens if
you add the GRASS scripts directory ($GISBASE/scripts IIRC) to your path?
Then it should pick up the nviz shell script that will (should be???)
installed in there. Or maybe try running "cmd.exe /c nviz" from the Msys
shell? Just a wild guess. There might be other issues though.

> It does start, however when run directly through cmd.exe and also
> starts up fine from the gis.m menu.

cmd.exe and the Windows version of Tcl both recognise .bat files as
executable and will correctly pick up nviz.bat, so that should explain
that.

Paul