[GRASS-dev] Re: WinGrass testing results 6.3.0rc2

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Nov 27 05:25:40 EST 2007

On 27/11/07 11:07, Paul Kelly wrote:

>> This can be somewhat tricky. For me, it fails to launch from within
>>  the MSYS shell

I cannot confirm this: If I launch grass using /c/grass/bin/grass63
(i.e. the shell launch script, not the .bat), nviz works perfectly for
me, both from the gui and from the comand line.

(You have to change the definition of GISBASE from c:/ syntax to /c/
syntax for it to work...I've corrected this in the wingrass6.3RC2
package now)

>> as well as a sh.exe started via Window's cmd.exe.

Could you be more precise as to what exactly you are doing ? Do you
launch grass via grass63.bat and then launch sh.exe within a running
grass session ?

> That might be because the Msys shell doesn't recognise a .bat file
> (in this case nviz.bat) as an executable and/or can't run it. What
> happens if you add the GRASS scripts directory ($GISBASE/scripts
> IIRC) to your path? Then it should pick up the nviz shell script that
> will (should be???) installed in there.

If you run grass in msys you have to run the grass63 file which then
calls Init.sh which sets the path to the scripts directory.

Moritz