[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][544] Map Display crashes when zooming (too much) in!

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 14:54:09 EST 2007

Hi Michael and others.

To reproduce this problem more easily than with Spearfish dataset just
create new location with parameters like in initial bug report.
For some reason at some point variables $mapwd or $mapht get values
like "1.8912764e-10" or similar and then are not catched by $mapwd==0
comparison. I attached small quick hack around problem that limits
zoom-in to half of cell size (resolution). It fixes this problem but
may cause problems for users without sane resolution like after
creating new location from vector data source. Still requiring sane
resolution for location is not worse case scenario. Or should we limit
zoom-in till mapwd is smaller than 2?

Maris.