[GRASS-dev] Re: impending wiki spam bombing

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Oct 1 09:07:46 EDT 2007

Hamish wrote on 10/01/2007 07:57 AM:
> Hamish wrote:
>
>> over the weekend there were 56 new spambot accounts opened in the wiki.
>> I am now working through the wiki's web interface to ban these one by
>> one, but it is a big drain of time which I would much prefer to spend
>> on more productive tasks. the sooner we get this situation fixed the
>> better.
>>

> oops I counted wrong, make that 68 new accounts to ban.

Some news:
* Martin and me have updated Mediawiki to 1.6.10-SVN.
* I have removed all above mentioned bad users from the DB (they all
  subscribe from the *same* email address for verification - how to block
  that?).
* I have added that if "User-Agent" is empty, the user will be rejected
  (let me know if you have problems with that).
* Bonus: thumbnail creation now works :) using something like
    [[Image:wxgrass-gis-manager-layer.png|350px]]

Markus