[GRASS-dev] porting sites format to new vector

Maciej Sieczka tutey at o2.pl
Tue Oct 2 13:07:26 EDT 2007

Volker Wichmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know if there is some kind of 'how-to' about porting a
> module that is using the obsolete vector sites format to the latest
> vector architecture? I've been searching the web but couldn't find
> anything like that.

In addition to Martin's and Brad's advices, there is another
example of how to get rid of sites dependecy available. Bob
Covill has (mostly) done it for NVIZ. The fix is not
completely finished, so it was not submitted to CVS. But
it's available from patches tracker on [1]. You can fetch
the Gp3.c file attached there and compare it with the stock
Gp3.c from CVS. Hopefully it'll give you some inspiration.

[1]http://wald.intevation.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=371&group_id=21&atid=205

Maciek