[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] [off-topic] spoke too soon

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 01:20:00 EDT 2007

Benjamin Ducke wrote:
> 1. Does GRASS also support colour models other than RGB?

AFAIK, no. (but see r.his, d.his, d.rgb, i.his.rgb, i.rgb.his, ...)
CMYK is not supported. (but you can process the 4 channels as 4
different n-bit CELL raster maps if you like)

> 2. Is '%" treated like a comment in the GRASS 'colr' files?

No.

> 3. Is '#' as a comment indicator also OK in 'colr' files?

Yes. Blank lines are ok too.

currently lib/gis/color_rules.c uses fgets(), so only UNIX newlines are
accepted. Any reason not to make that use G_getl2()?

> 4. GMT also has labels for colour ranges. Would it be a good
> idea to transfer those to the raster file (given that there
> is no category labelling already or the user chooses to
> overwrite it)?

an interesting idea, but let's get the color table working first before
we worry about that too much.

(I'm working on a proof of concept shell script first)

Hamish