[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] [off-topic] spoke too soon

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 02:37:12 EDT 2007

Hamish wrote:
> > 2. Is '%" treated like a comment in the GRASS 'colr' files?
>
> No.
>
> > 3. Is '#' as a comment indicator also OK in 'colr' files?
>
> Yes. Blank lines are ok too.

Oh sorry, I was talking about input color rules files, not colr/ files.
Let the libgis fns deal with colr/, we shouldn't touch them.
We use "r.colors rules=filename" instead.

I now have a working .cpt -> grass color rules file, it will either output to a
ascii file, stdout, &/or apply them to an existing raster map.

I am working on a stretch flag as the GMT rules seem randomly to use ranges of
-1 to 1 or 0.0 to 1.0, or 0 to 32, etc. and only the global elevation in meters
rules are currently of use (but they look nice!)

Hamish