[GRASS-dev] [grass-code I][502] Grass 6.3 fails to apply database connection changes via db.connect

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 01:09:41 EDT 2007

> > code I item #502, was opened at 2007-10-05 10:28 Status: Open
> > (None) Summary: Grass 6.3 fails to apply database connection changes
> > via db.connect
..

Moritz Lennert wrote:
> I actually have the feeling that your workaround actually is the
> problem. You added this to init.sh:
>
> # predefine DBF driver if DB connection not defined
> echo "DB_DRIVER: dbf" > "$LOCATION/VAR"
> echo "DB_DATABASE: \$GISDBASE/\$LOCATION_NAME/\$MAPSET/dbf/" >>
> "$LOCATION/VAR"
> mkdir "$LOCATION"/dbf
>
> But I don't see any conditioning around this, so IIUC driver and
> database will always be set to dbf of the mapset at each startup. It
> probably needs a test for the dbf directory around it. Something like
> (not a bash expert):

Right. I added conditioning around that but then commented the whole bunch out.
The VAR file and $MAPSET/dbf/ dir should be created on demand, not
automatically.

Apparently Markus found a second bug for which this was a repair for, and
apparently that bug is still out in the wild and needs to be fixed.  ??
Or maybe now everything is back to normal??

[leaving bug report open and commented out code in init.sh until we know]

Hamish