[GRASS-dev] another make problem (OSX, but could be a general problem)

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 23:05:02 EDT 2007

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> Indeed, very strange.  Odd that it took them 4 years to release 3.81
> with that fixed.

I'd be a bit surprised if there a make bug could survive for that long which
wasn't widely known and we happened to be one of the few software builds
affected by it.

> I'd be happy with the unconditional pipe and recommending to
> developers to upgrade their make and not worrying about the 1-shot
> user builds.

Maybe not as much for Mac-land, but for othe UNIXs worrying about self compiles
is a big deal.

> I wonder what version other linux distros are at?

Debian Etch (stable):  3.81-2
Debian Sarge (old stable):  3.80-9
Debian unstable:  3.81-3

latest CVS builds fine on Etch, and it did work fine on Sarge last time I
tried. I can try again on Sarge with the latest CVS if it helps, let me know.

Hamish

http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html