[GRASS-dev] Python swig

Trevor Wiens twiens at interbaun.com
Mon Oct 8 23:16:52 EDT 2007

I was having troubles getting the python swig interfact to install from my cvs build.

I found the following. Making successfully in the swig/python dir and then run make install from the cvs root dir didn't copy the necessary files to the proper destinations. I had to copy these myself by hand.

Second, it wouldn't work on my ubuntu fiesty system because like 6.10 stack protection is set is set to on. So I had to add the following flag to the Make file: -fno-stack-protector to get it to compile into a form that was useable on my system.

Trevor Wiens
twiens at interbaun.com

The significant problems that we face cannot be solved at the same
level of thinking we were at when we created them.
(Albert Einstein)