[GRASS-dev] Cairo monitor driver

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 15 18:23:28 EDT 2007

Hi,
JFYI i have created a git repository of grass from the latest cvs version
to manage my grass code.  Now i have a local copy
of the grass cvs (my own grass branch) using git and i'm able commit, update
and diff
code and new files to my branch
without read or write access to the grass cvs repository. And this is really
nice. :)
And i'm able to commit the code later to cvs.

Using git you can even check in code without an internet access
having all the log data and history on your local disk.

The git repository is located here:
http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/files/grass.git.tar.bz2
so everybody who is interested in using a nice SCM to manage there code
without access to the grass cvs can use it.

Here is an introduction from Linus into git (be aware, many of us are stupid
and ugly in his eyes ;) ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8

This is a short introduction into git and cvs:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/tutorial.html
http://issaris.blogspot.com/2005/11/cvs-to-git-and-back.html
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/cvs-migration.html

I hope this helps a bit to manage local grass copies.
Best regards
Soeren