[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.2.2: gis.m crashes when there are more than one map with same name in path

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Oct 16 08:20:09 EDT 2007

On 16/10/07 13:58, Maris Nartiss wrote:
> Hi,
> sorry, but You are wrong. There two sides of this problem:
> 1) lib/gis/find_file.c prints warning but it shouldn't (it also
> affects other places - d.m; g.remove et.al.)

Why shouldn't it print a warning ?
We had a discussion concerning this warning on the dev list, but I
currently don't have the time to go looking for it.

> 2) gis.m (and d.m) unproperly handle errors.
>
> My suggestion - first - fix find_file.c after line 58 and only then
> look for tcl interface errors.

Well, I think that the tcl-side correction is much less invasive and
corrects a real problem with gis.m, i.e. that the whole gui crashes just
because it encounters this warning. As we don't know if there might be
other such warnings which might cause the same problem, I prefer fixing
gis.m, as the discussion concerning whether the warning should be
printed or not seems more fundamental to me.

But thanks for all your help !

Moritz