[GRASS-dev] r.random: now with optional cover map parameter

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Oct 16 08:53:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

since v.what.rast is (for me) extremely slow, I have added
cover map support to r.random. You can now do random sampling
(e.g., elevation) and sample at the same time for the random
locations values from a second raster map (e.g., landuse).
The result is only stored when using vector points output.

I use it with -d flag, to sample elevation as 3D vector map
with MODIS Land Surface Temperatures as second data column
in the resulting vector map.

In 6.3-CVS.

Markus

PS: v.what.rast still running on just 300k points while I
    implemented above :-) Anyone who could make v.what.rast faster?