[GRASS-dev] i18N guisection bug

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 05:00:53 EDT 2007

Markus wrote:
>>         flag.gprint->guisection  = _("Print;Shell Script");
..
> thanks but I am afraid that the bug persists.

what if you change
-         flag.gprint->guisection  = _("Print;Shell Script");
+         flag.gprint->guisection  = _("Print");

this shows that is the only item that uses ';' in the guisection:
grass63$ grep -rI guisection * | grep ';.*;'

include/gis.h says:
/* GUI Layout guidance: ';' delimited heirarchical tree position */

looking at lib/gis/gui.tcl there is "proc normalize_guisection{}"

as that g.region flag is the only thing using the ';' delim, I assume there is
some bug in the delim splitting code, and only that flag ever tries to use it.

I still have no idea at all what the guisection='abc;def' or
normalize_guisection{} is meant to be doing.

Hamish