[GRASS-dev] OSX FFMPEG build instructions available

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon Oct 22 13:59:39 EDT 2007

I finally got back to FFMPEG on OSX.  It went fairly smooth this
time.  I added build instructions to the GRASS OSX readme.  My future
OSX builds will now have ffmpeg support, yay!

Question: what is the minimum needed in the ffmpeg libraries for
GRASS?  I'm thinking of disabling codecs and formats that GRASS can't
use to reduce the library size (a basic universal build without debug
symbols added ~6.5MB to libgrass_ogsf!).  Or can GRASS use any codec
available in ffmpeg?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

Theory of the Universe

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly
what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly
disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely
inexplicable.  There is another theory which states that this has
already happened.

-Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy 2nd season intro