[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0RC1 released

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Wed Oct 24 01:35:03 EDT 2007

Markus,

I looked at your announcement for the 6.3 release. It is excellent. I
noticed several new modules that have been missed in the menu and need to be
added. Can I just add them to the current grass6 cvs source I've been
working with for 6.3 or do I need to check out another source tree for a
release branch to add them?

Michael

On 10/23/07 3:31 PM, "Markus Neteler" <neteler at fbk.eu> wrote:

> A first release candidate of GRASS 6.3.0 is now available:
>
> http://grass.itc.it/grass63/source/
> -> grass-6.3.0RC1.tar.gz
>
> An initial announcement has been drafted at
> http://grass.itc.it/announces/announce_grass630.html
> (state April 2007, further fixes need to be merged in)
>
> Key fixes include improved portability for MS-Windows
> (native support), hundreds of fixes, TclTk based
> portable graphical interface and much new functionality.
>
> Release candidate management at
> http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/wiki/GRASS_6.3_Feature_Plan
>
> Please test, test, test...
>
> A big thanks to all contributors!