[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0RC1 released

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 24 02:03:23 EDT 2007

Michael Barton wrote:

> I looked at your announcement for the 6.3 release. It is excellent. I
> noticed several new modules that have been missed in the menu and need to be
> added. Can I just add them to the current grass6 cvs source I've been
> working with for 6.3 or do I need to check out another source tree for a
> release branch to add them?

Add them to the head first, then back-port to the release branch after
testing.

The quickest way to get the release branch is to make a copy of the
head (cp -a) then run "cvs update -r releasebranch_6_3" in the copy.

To sync changes from the trunk to a branch, use "cvs update" with two
-j switches, e.g.:

	cvs update -j releasebranch_6_3 -j HEAD

This is roughly equivalent to:

	cvs diff -r releasebranch_6_3 -r HEAD | patch -p0