[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0RC1 released

Carlos Dávila cdavilam at jemila.jazztel.es
Wed Oct 24 12:20:54 EDT 2007

Glynn Clements escribió:
> Michael Barton wrote:
>

>> I looked at your announcement for the 6.3 release. It is excellent. I
>> noticed several new modules that have been missed in the menu and need to be
>> added. Can I just add them to the current grass6 cvs source I've been
>> working with for 6.3 or do I need to check out another source tree for a
>> release branch to add them?
>>

> Add them to the head first, then back-port to the release branch after
> testing.
>
> The quickest way to get the release branch is to make a copy of the
> head (cp -a) then run "cvs update -r releasebranch_6_3" in the copy.
>
> To sync changes from the trunk to a branch, use "cvs update" with two
> -j switches, e.g.:
>
> 	cvs update -j releasebranch_6_3 -j HEAD
>
> This is roughly equivalent to:
>
> 	cvs diff -r releasebranch_6_3 -r HEAD | patch -p0

I followed your instructions to send some changes to both head and
release branch. Files were updated in my local releasebranch copy, but
doesn't seem to have changed in repository (or I'm looking in the wrong
place). You can check for example /display/d.extract/main.c:
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/display/d.extract/?only_with_tag=
http://freegis.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/grass6/display/d.extract/?only_with_tag=releasebranch_6_3