[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.3.0RC1 released

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Oct 24 20:16:52 EDT 2007

Carlos Dávila wrote:

> >> I followed your instructions to send some changes to both head and
> >> release branch. Files were updated in my local releasebranch copy, but
> >> doesn't seem to have changed in repository (or I'm looking in the wrong
> >> place).
> >>

> > Both of the above only update the local copy; you need to use
> > "cvs commit" to actually commit the changes.
>
> Yes, but the problem is I did "cvs ci" from releasebranch copy and it
> did nothing.

First, check that your local copy is of the release branch, not the
trunk (or a specific release), by looking at the CVS/Tag and
CVS/Entries files for the directory in question. The former should
contain Treleasebranch_6_3, while the latter should have that tag at
the end of each entries.

Also, using "cvs update -j ... -j ..." assumes that you have already
committed the changes to the trunk. To clarify:

1. Make changes to the local copy of the trunk.
2. Commit the changes.
3. Change directory to the local copy of the branch.
4. Use "cvs update -j ... -j ..." to synchronise the branch to the
trunk.
5. Commit the changes.